Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Targa Day 3 Complete

Day 3 of Targa Newfoundland 2015 has taught us that the show must go on! Mother Nature dealt us a tough hand today of full house of wind, rain and cold. Despite the elements, the race and cars carried on and most all had a good day. We are very happy with our day. The car ran full turbos ahead and we had fun driving in the rain. I think we only missed one or two of our target times of 9 sections raced. Some were trickier today with changes in speed throughout the sections (in our class we have to pay attention to changes in speed, distance and time and make it to the end point within a narrow window). 

It was a full day of 9 speed sections to the northeast of Clarenville. 

The morning started windy and cold and if the photos are blurry, it's because I couldn't hold the camera still. We continue to be amazed at the beauty around us, despite the harsh weather. When I show photos of the cars lined up like this, we are in queue before the start line. It's the only time to take pictures but we have been taking some in-car video that I'll share when we get home. 

Another of our stops in between sections. No rain but so windy I lost my hat twice. 

Jack Roger's mustang. It's a beast! Jack is a speed maniac (he holds multiple land speed records).  

My dear friend CJ! We were trying not to blow off the rocks into the water. 


The community of Trinity welcomed us for a hearty lunch. Dessert again won for me! They had so many different homemade desserts for us to have - pies, trifles, chocolate cake, things I can't pronounce. I sampled about 5 different options and they were each delicious. How great is their collection of coffee mugs??

Look up "history of Trinity, Newfoundland." It's incredible. 

It's even postcard-perfect on a rainy, windy day. 



On the road again! 

I can't remember the name of this sparse town but after we did our speed stage I stood on the porch of the church to watch the other cars come in.  That is the ass end of a GT 40 about to turn left to the finish where a mustang stuffed himself into the corner. Look at the Canadian flag - a little windy?



We're ober the hump and looking forward to more great racing time tomorrow. The weather forecast is for clearer, warmer weather. If so, I'm looking forward to seeing some blue sky. 

Giddy up! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing travel ... continue to be safr