Look at all this water! Salt and fresh, water is everywhere on and around this rock. We were in a great groove most of the stages. It was a challenge to race in the rain all day but also really fun. The car handled great and dad drive like it was no thing.
Staged in the rain
Racing in the rain photos to come.
The community of Garden Cove hosted us for lunch. What a darling small community! And by small, I mean they have a church and a fire station hall. It sits on the gorgeous inlet:
When we were transiting after the stage after lunch, we noticed a different "whooshing" sound from the twin turbos than the good, normal "whooshing" sound when dad shifts the car. The car had lost a little bit of power but we carried on with our transit until we could stop at the next speed section. There was a very nice man from the Hume Team who came over when he saw us with the hood up as I revved the engine while dad listened for the noise. Familiar with Audis, he told us he thought we would do no harm to the engine of we carried on. So we did and the rest of the day's speed sections went well, even with slightly less power. Fast forward to tonight and finding the problem - this little cylinder was mysteriously in part of the turbo (pumps? I can't remember what that black thing is and dad is asleep so I can't have him give me the deets) and was keeping it from working properly. I'll have the correct lingo from dad tomorrow about that. Anywho, here is the culprit:
Thanks to Rob Kleins of Robson Racing over the phone and Steve and Greg who helped dad take it apart to find it. Dad is very happy he has both turbos back for tomorrow. Apparently we need to go faster...











No comments:
Post a Comment