Monday, September 14, 2015

A Good Day 1

I am not as verbose tonight as I was last night because I can barely keep my eyes open but I can say - today was great! We had a fun day. The the sections were exciting drives. I'm surprised at what a quick clip we must keep to meet the optimum time. We have to fly in some of them! We had rain for the afternoon stages which does not stop the show. There is a "road conditions" number posted at the starting line of each stage - 1 is dry and 2 or 3 are wet or downpour. The number means the driver/navigator drive for the optimum time as previously decided. Simply, faster when dry, quicker when wet. In reality, 2/3 is still a very fast pace (at least I think so!). We are very happy with how the car handled the rain. Dad really enjoyed it. 

My view when getting ready for the start of the stage. Cars are lined up and sent off every 30 seconds. Those are egg times we bought at Canadian Tire. A fellow competitor recommended a count down and a count up for the target time. They are very helpful in addition to the odo and the clock on the Terratrip. 

One stage we ran twice, once each direction. This was our staging area between the two. Beautiful inlets like this are everywhere. 




The Royal Canadian Legion in Brigus graciously served us lunch and that is moose stew on the top right of the plate! Another local favorite is on the right - "fish and brews." It is white fish and a hard bread casserole-type dish. I'm glad to had had the chance to try it but it isn't on my list of "best things I ever ate."

On to a long day tomorrow and it is supposed to be mostly rainy. I'm glad to be in this Audi. She is a rockstar in the rain. 





No comments: