Now for the next adventure! I get to practice my Spanish again!
I made it home safe and sound from a most excellent time in Argentina. However, I'm hitting the road again!
Tomorrow morning Dad and I are leaving little Los Alamos and heading for Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico! Dad and his co-pilot are driving in the Chihuahua Express - a 3 day road race around the city of Chihuahua. They are driving the same car - a '54 Ford - that they drove last October in the La Carrera PanAmericana race through Mexico. And they loved it so much that they decided to do another one!
So Dad and I are leaving Monday morning, picking up an old friend of Dad's - John Aspra - and we're road tripping to Mexico. It'll take us three days to get there. Monday night in Tuscon, Tuesday night in El Paso area and meeting up with a bunch of other people and their cars, and then crossing the border on Wednesday and down to Chihuahua.
The race is Friday, Saturday, Sunday and then we head home Monday the 14th.
So that's the news! I'll try to do daily posts, depending if we have access to a computer at the hotels at night (I'm not taking my own computer this time) and then I'll post pictures when I get back to Los Alamos next week. But not to worry, of course I'll take tons of photos!
Here are some pics of the car from the last Mexican race:


1 comment:
That is the coolest car! Have fun Schelly!
Post a Comment