Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Awards

Awards at the Governor's Palace
I think Sunday evening was the first time in a few days that I was able to breath a deep sigh of relief. What a crazy week! Sunday night we all had to get down to the Governor's Palace for the final awards.
The Palace was beautiful and the awards ceremony was in the center courtyard that was open to the sky above.

Dad and Shields came in 2nd in their class - Original PanAm.

And they ended up 3rd overall in their class. Pretty good for only getting times for half of the entire race!

In the Unlimited Class, Kevin and Mark from L.A. led everyday of the race and took home the top honors -

Here are the fabulous Vancouver and Seattle racers at dinner after the awards. They were all so much fun. Thanks for the great memories and lots of laughs!
To sum things up...What an adventure! I see how this racing business can get you hooked, I already can't wait for the La Carrera Panamericana in October! Everyone was so nice and helpful that it made all the craziness enjoyable. However, it was a long time on the road and I was very glad to get home and have a good nights sleep! Dad and I pushed it home to get back to the ranch in 2 days. It was a wild adventure.
What a ride!

No comments: