Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 5: Morelia - Guanajuato

Day 5 Started from in front of Morelia's cathedral. At the drivers meeting the night before it was unsure if we would race this morning because of the heavy rains the area was receiving but thankfully the roads were in good enough condition to run. 



The morning speed sections were the mountains of Mil Cumbres the opposite direction of what we ran the previous day. The roads were indeed still fairly wet so we took it easy. Slid around a few turns. 


Long transit to servicio past large wetlands. There were even cattle grazing in the water up top tier bellies in plants. 


We made it through the dreaded tunnels! I navigated carefully with my flashlight and we slowly made it through without a misstep. Parking in front of the church was very pretty. We celebrated with a little Tequila Fortaleza. 

At this point everyone is exhausted. Early mornings, grueling days in the cars, late dinners/meetings and I have a cold setting in. Must not give in- marching on two more days to Zacatecas!

2 comments:

kayckc2@gmail.com said...

It was great fun to see you and I've sent some photos to Justin. I'm glad you are having such a good race. Keep it up!

Tiffany Nicole said...

I spy a manicure that still looks awesome! Love reading your blog, Lauren. Feels like I'm right there along for the adventure. Great job so far and keep up the good work!