THE DONKEY WALK!
The Donkey Walk is a blast! A band starts playing in the main square to call everyone together. Big, loud and lively. They have a donkey with a pack and on the pack are 2 very large jugs filled with a very potent liquor - I think either mezcal or polke. Everyone gets a shot glass on a ribbon to wear around your neck. It is the funnest experience ever!
I can't wait to see pictures. Yesterday they ran great and won the class. They got to run on Aguascalientes' Nascar track and they said it got a little wild but was fun.
Today they raced La Bufa and had a blast. Car running great and having a great time.
Dad called me when they got parked and settled in the main square in Zacatecas. Z is absolutely gorgeous and historic, complete with cobblestone roads. Dad reported that he had just bought a 6 pack of cervesas and was passing them out. Note: Dad doesn't drink, but he does like to encourage others to. Last year, since the alcohol in the jugs goes down like turpentine, Dad went into some little store and came out with a bottle of delicious tequila and started pouring for everyone. He was quite popular! The band winds up and down the cobblestone streets, stopping every now and then so people can dance and then continues on, eventually ending in the BEAUTIFUL bull ring where dinner and awards are presented. It feels like you are enjoying a scene that you only see in the movies. I'm so jealous that I'm not there to enjoy it this year. What is really neat and unique to this year is that tonight is the last night of the race. Usually, the night in Z is the 6th night of the race followed the next day by the long stretch to Nuevo Laredo. So this year they all really get to enjoy themselves and not have to be up at the crack of dawn to be ready to race. I'm sure a good time will be had by all!
!Viva la Carrera!

2 comments:
Thank you for keeping this blog Lauren. I really enjoyed reading it to keep up with Carson. Some day I will experience it myself.
Shields,
Sorry about the PS hose problem.
Still sounds like you had a good time. You'll have to stell me some stories.
Best,
Rodberg
Post a Comment