They did it! Rico and Ramon* raced a good day, all day, every section AND made it to Guadalajara before dark!
AND
they won their class today!
There were only 2 Original PanAm cars that finished in the class today (the Gregorys are the other). That good ol' class is taking a beating this year.

I'm assuming that this is coming into Guadalajara, but I'm really not sure. No matter where it is, looking good! Photo by Kristin Stewart.
Waaaaay better race day to Guadalajara than where Dad and I ended up last year:
In case you were wondering - bad day. (last year!)But today was good!

Here they are (left) getting waiting their turn for the autodromo (race track) this morning.
Word on the street is that they HAULED ASS on the autodromo. Squeeled tires and jumped curbs and put on a show. Todd Landon (Kristin's husband) commented to Dad, "I didn't know that ol' car could move that fast!"
*I don't know if I've ever explained Rico and Ramon - I really don't even know how they got those names but they stuck after their maiden voyage to La Carrera in 2007. They do fit them well.
2 comments:
Go Go Rico and Ramon!
my question is ' But which one is (muy)" Rico"?'
Post a Comment