Hello humidity! Huatulco is beautiful but has been warm and very humid. However, I feel like we are in tropical paradise. The coast is gorgeous, the water is warm and the beaches are fabulous. Oh yeah, and the cars are pretty awesome too!
We went through tech yesterday and passed no problem. They do a very rigorous check of the car and equiopment. They make sure the car and any modifications are legal for the class, the roll cage is up to snuff, the fire and safety equipment is acceptable, the lights work, and every safety precaution in taken. They make sure your helmets are up to date and that the driving suits are accepted. They look at many details (that I probably didn`t notice, like the engine stuff) but we passed no problem. Other cars had a few issues. Friends of ours had to add two extra bars to the roll cage; a porsche had to change out their windshield (plastic windshields are not allowed, only glass) so they had to fly a windshield down from California; some illegal tires; probably other things that I have not heard of.
Tonight I have a co-piloto meeting and then we have a cocktail party to attend.
Dad and Tom hired a boat to take them fishing this morning and they caught 2 fish that they don`t know what kinds, something with red meat.
Ate crickets yesterday, a favorite here in the state of Oaxaca. They were actually pretty tasty!
Time running out on this computer, more later!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Before this race is over you will learn "Tonight I have a cocktail party to attend and THEN we have a co-piloto meeting." LOL.
Post a Comment